Wednesday 20 June 2012

Summer Challenge Day 17 - Hippie Retro SummerLove


This was a lot of fun.  I was happy with the result, because it was exactly what i had in mind (don't get that confused with happy with the actual overall look, I definitely need to brush up on my technique) and please forgive me, the cuticles weren't cleaned up properly.  I was at my mums when i did this manicure and didn't have my paint brushes to clean around the cuticles properly.  They got very messy from all the stamping and only had cotton-tips.

But here is the end result anyway.


Again here is the before and after the stamping exercise... oh my!

 
At first I was keeping it simple. Was really liking the simplicity of this up til here and was toying with the idea of slapping on the top coat and calling it day.


How about some cute smileys :)


And last one



Colours Used from Left to Right:
Revlon Red
OPI - On The Same Paige
Sally Hansen - Yellow Kitty
OPI - Suzi Says Feng Shui
Generic Purple (it was promo freebie, no name)
OPI - Alpine Snow (used this as a base to stamp on)

I also didn't have a green nail polish bright enough for a rainbow so mixed the yellow and blue polishes listed here.

Image Plates Used:
BM07 (peace symbol)
RA-117 (Smileys)
Thanks for having a look. I thought this was a really fun design.  I like to hear your comments, so leave a comment below.

Next...

See you next time  

xx Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment