The rules are as following:1. Each person tagged must post 11 things about themselves.
2. They must also answer the 11 questions the 'tagger' has set for them.
3. They must create 11 more questions to ask bloggers they have decided to tag.
4. They must then choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and tag them in their post.
5. These lucky bloggers must then be told.
6. There's no tag backs.
11 Things About Me:
1. I'm the youngest of four children.
2. I've been skiing since I was four years old and used to race in High school. Now I have torn ACL's in both knees, but that hasn't stopped me from still skiing.
3. My favourite colour is Red (that's what draws my attention), but I wear a lot of Brown and Black. Go figure.
4. I'm a Maths nerd. Studied a Bachelor of Applied Science at University (Majored in Mathematics).
5. I wish I was a rally car racer.
6. I'm Italian and can't speak it, can only speak broken Italian, and that frustrates and upsets me.
7. I love travelling, I appreciate experiences more than possessions (except for polishes, can't get enough of those loverlies).
8. I have a cat called Chester, he's a Burmese Blue and I love him to bits! (shhhh don't tell my boyfriend).
9. I really don't like anything smoked, just don't like the taste or the smell. eg: smoked salmon.
10. I love open fire places, pass me a bag or marshmellows and a warm cup of hot chocolate please!
11. Family is the most important thing to me.
Next is answering the questions of the tagger, and since I've been tagged two times I'll answer all of the questions from each blogger unless there are repeat questions!
Questions from Katie (PrettyPolishPease)
1. What is your all-time favourite nail polish?
Once I discovered OPI I was hooked.
2. What is your favourite Disney movie?
This is tough because I'm a die-hard Disney fan but if I had to choose one... The Little Mermaid, maybe Aladdin... or maybe Tangled, Lilo & Stitch.... Argh! see what I mean, I can't pick!
3. If you could pair up any male and female celebrity, who would you pair up and why?
I've always had a thing for funny guys, so probably Owen Wilson, love the surfy laid back look.
4. What colour do you have the most and least of in your stash?
At the moment a lot of browns/tans/nudes, not so many yellow or greens.
5. Do you have any pets? And if yes, how many and what sort of animal?
YES!!! I love my cat Chester, he's a Burmese blue and he's the best! I often describe him as a dog trapped inside a cats body. He fetches! and he's a very affectionate cat, I love that about him.
6. Favourite meal?
Does desert count? Perhaps breakfast, I often don't have time in the morning to have breakie, so when I do, I really enjoy it.
7. Favourite song/band/singer?
I like a very wide range of music, but I always go back to P!NK and Michael Buble.
8. Mac or PC?
Never had a Mac, but recently my 7 year old PC has been showing signs of age. Been contemplating getting a Mac to replace my HP.
9. How long have you been into nail polish, and, if you can remember, what was the first polish that you bought?
It's strange because I've been collection nail polishes before I realised I was a polish addict (probably not as strange as I initially thought as I wrote that down). But I truly realised I was a polish addict when I discovered stamping (konad) and it's been fun ever since.
10. What is your favourite polish finish?
I've always preferred Shiny Top coat over Matte, but Matte every now and then to change it up a bit. But if you meant sheer, shimmer, glitter, creme, etc etc I prefer sheers and cremes.
11. Who is your favourite character out of a book or film?
Stitch from Disney's Lilo & Stitch.
Questions from Jas (Blingtastic Nail Blog)
1. Who would you turn gay for?
Funny my boyfriend asked me this question not that long ago, and my answer was Megan Gale or Miranda Kerr (two very beautiful Australian Models) and both down to earth.
2. What can you do better than anyone else?
Sleep. I can fall asleep anywhere anytime.
3. What is your all time fav nail polish?
I keep going back to OPI's Tickle My Francey. I like to wear nude colours, when I'm not Nail Arting
4. Favorite movie of all time?
I've watched a lot of movies in my time... I always prefer a laugh, however I do like the theatre and Ewen McGregor. So I always keep going back to Moulin Rouge to get a fix.
5. What did you do last Saturday night?
Last Saturday night celebrated my sisters 40th birthday, they organised a trivia night which was based around my sister. Which I thought was very clever.
6. Where you have travelled that you loved and was an awesome place?
I loved Florence, Italy!
7. What could you eat everyday without getting sick of it?
8. What are your pet peeves?
Without a doubt smoking! and Rude People!
9. What are your other hobbies?
It's a mix bag of watching my favourite AFL sports team play on the weekends, sewing, knitting, watch motor sports (F1 and MotoGP).
10. If you were stranded on a desert island what 5 things would you take?
My iPhone, no reception, that's ok, i'll just play on my apps or listen to my music
A hair bush. I hate getting knots in my hair, it really hurts :(
A BIG beach towel, this could really come in handy!
A good book to read (i dunno maybe the bible)
11. What do most people not know about you?
I've been skiing since I was four years old.
Questions from Anthea (NailObsession)
1. What's your favourite colour?
I loooove red. My eyes are always drawn to it. However it's not my first choice in clothing or nail polish. Still trying to figure that one out.
2. Have you had a '15 minutes of fame' moment?
I was on a TV Show called Deal or No Deal. Didn't win any money, didn't guess the amount in my suitcase.
3. What is on your wishlist at the moment?
4. Do you have any allergies?
I'm lucky the allergies I have a livable. Cats and dogs, but only have a reaction if I've been playing with them and then rub my eyes.
5. One piece or bikini?
It has to be a bikini. My boobs need the support of a bikini top.
6. What was the first CD/cassette tape you owned?
Haha good question. Mum brought me the soundtrack to Grease on cassette when I was 11 or 12. And my first CD was No Doubt, Tragic Kingdom.
7. Where do you see yourself 10 years from now?
Married and my first child will be 8years old by then, so probably back at work. I know, boring right
8. Favourite book?
I love reading non-fiction novels, you get the bonus of learning something about histroy but it's written in an interesting way... I read recently the life of Van Gogh. The book was called Lust for Life by Irwin Stone.
9. Favourite girl's name?
10. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would it be?
11. If you could live in any year, what would it be and why?
I loved the 20's 30's, the woman were so proper and well dressed and took pride in how they looked.
A late addition of questions from the lovely Glossy Lacquer, thanks sweetie
1. If you could only wear one nail polish for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
I'd either choose a classic red, because it really does go with everything. Or a nude colour like a sheer pink or nude colour.
2. Which fashion or beauty trend do you wish would just go away?
The 80's/90's, maybe it's because they're the years when i was growing up... but really frizz hair is just not cool!
3. Why did you start blogging?
I don't know what I didn't start earlier! I stumbled across nail art by pure chance then saw a lot of other girls (not leaving guys out here) doing the same thing! and i wanted to share and be a part of this really awesome community. :)
4. Favourite beverage?
At the moment it's GingerAle
5. If you could do anything without worrying about money, what would you do?
I'd travelt he world, and go into space.
6. Are you superstitious?
To a certain degree I am, but then life is too short to worry about superstitions.
7. What is one thing, apart from necessities like water, food and shelter, do you feel you could not live without?
Coffee! and Red Wine!
8. Do you ever leave home without manicured nails?
I can, but I'd feel much more comfortable with a coat of clear.
9. What is your favourite item in your wardrobe?
The first thing when I get home from work is put on my track pants and Ugg's. So I guess they are.
10. Which song have you listened to this most in your life, or in your iTunes?
haha this is a good question! I'm a sucker for lovey-dovey sloppy music, so at the moment it's ronan Keating, This I Promise You. haha
11. Who is your favourite celebrity and who is your least favourite?
Favourite celebrity... hmmm, I have total respect for Jillian Michaels, and none for Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian or Lindsay Lohan.
My Questions for you
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. Have you tried marbling?
3. How often do you change your nail polish a week?
4. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
5. If you could go back in time, where and when would you go?
6. What's your favourite music, band/singer?
7. What's your favourite spot in your house and why?
8. Have you ever been (still are) in love?
9. What's your favourite pastime/hobby, besides paintng your nails of course?
10. If you could be any animal what would it be?
11. What is your favouite nail polish?
My apologies if this is not your first nomination, you must be really loved :P
XOXO Alexis Leigh
Bonita Bon Bons
Counting Down To Bliss
Globe & Nail
I Prefer Polish
Hooked On Polish
Lacquer or Leave Her!
Passion for Polish
Thanks for the award nomination ladies and for reading this post, you now know me a little bit more. Back to polishes :)