Tuesday 7 August 2012

Summer Challenge Day 46 - DeckChairs

First of all my apologies for being away so long.  I went on a ski holiday (couldn't take my polishes), and then I got sick, been staying over at the boyfriends a lot so haven't had my nail supplies with me... all these add up to not having much time to play with my polishes.  So thank you lovies for hanging around. I've also been really stressed at work, and I once was a chronic nail biter.  So I apologise for any unsightly bitten cuticles. Oh I also forgot to mention I lost a nail or two so I wend back to short nails and this is the longest they've been in a long while. So please forgive me 

xx Karen

Now I've missed quite a few Summer Challenges, but I'm not going to kid myself, I don't have a bank of many either.  So I'm trying to take one week at a time. 

Here are my deck chairs.  I love the bright coloured clothes deck chairs are made out of and had that in mind, so I was hoping the colours would be brighter than they turned out.  In hindsight, I think I should have used the colours as the base and the white as my stamping colour.  I have a wooden stamp on accent nail, I guess to signify the wood deck chairs are made out of.


Stamping Colours Used:
Thumb: Konad White
Pointer: OPI Mermaids Tears
Middle:  OPI No Room For the Blues
Ring:  OPI I Brake For Manicures
Pinky:  OPI On The Same Paige

Image Plates:
Bundle Monster BM-214 and BM-304 (ring finger only)


Base Colours:
Thumb - Sally Hansen Yellow Kitty
Pointer, Middle, Pinky - OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
Ring - OPI San Tan-tonio

Next...
Day 47 - Torquise, Aqua or Blue

5 comments:

Katie said...

I love that stamping, it looks fantastic!

I've nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog, check it out and participate here --> http://prettypolishplease.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/blog-award-liebster-award.html

Jas said...

Great stamping, the mani looks so summery!
I have also nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can follow my link for the details!
http://blingtasticnails.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award.html

Unknown said...

No Way!! You two are awesome!! :D
You've both made my day, Thank You soooo much xxxx

Anthea said...

Good to know that mermaid's tears is good for stamping!

I want to nominate you for the Liebster Award as well, follow my blog back for the Award!
http://www.nailedobsession.blogspot.com.au/2012/08/liebster-award_9.html

(If you've already been nominated don't feel you need to post about it twice!)

Unknown said...

Thanks Anthea!! I'm in the process of responding to Katie and Jas's nominations too. Will be up on my blog soon xx

Post a Comment